While THAT Conference 2021 will be held as a digital-first platform, we are committed to the health and safety of all in-person participants of the conference. We are constantly monitoring the CDC guidelines and working with the Kalahari Meeting and Convention team to accommodate healthy practices in the convention center. While there are risks associated with attending an event during a pandemic, the following procedures have been created to minimize those risks. We continue to update this page as needed based on federal, state, and local mandates and recommendations.
What we are doing.
- THAT Conference will be the only group to occupy the 212,000 sq ft convention center space allowing us to follow social distancing guidelines.
- We will operate at a reduced capacity in the convention center. Tables in common spaces and seating in session rooms will be spaced appropriately to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside meeting rooms and throughout the convention center.
- A meeting room enter/exit strategy will exist to reduce the flow of people in the hallways.
- All THAT Conference staff members will wear masks and have daily temperatures taken.
- High touchpoint areas will be reduced as much as possible and sanitation will occur between use.
- All used meeting rooms will be fumigated at the end of each night.
What the Kalahari is doing.
The Kalahari has implemented several wellness initiatives throughout the resort and convention center. Click here for more information https://www.kalahariresorts.com/what-we-are-doing-to-ensure-a-safe-getaway/
- All participants are encouraged to wear masks throughout the convention center when unable to maintain 6 feet of social distance. All staff members will be wearing masks.
- Use no touch gestures as a way of greeting individuals.
- If you have any medical condition that could be aggravated by COVID we ask that you do not attend in person.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Please consider public health guidelines when gathering outside of the convention center.
- Stay at home if you are not feeling well.
- Stay in your room if you are attending in-person and are not feeling well.