Is Jamstack Still Relevant in 2023?
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 4:30 PM UTC, for 1 hour.
AT THAT (In-Person Only) Regular, 60 minute presentation
Room: Campsite 2
Jamstack, as currently defined, is an architecture based around a handful of core principles, primarily the decoupling of the front-end UX from the backend of the application. Popular new tools that are pushing the direction of web development like Astro, Remix and Next.js all fall somewhat under the revised Jamstack umbrella. But what does it really mean to create Jamstack applications in 2023? Is the term even relevant? We'll look at how these tools have pushed new technologies like server-side rendering (SSR) combined with edge computing and islands architectures to force Jamstack to redefine itself and decide if the term still means anything in 2023.
None though this is primarily geared towards web developers.
- The definition of Jamstack
- The principles behind a Jamstack architecture
- What tools help you build Jamstack sites
- New techniques pushing Jamstack in new directions (SSR, edge rendering, islands architecture)
- Whether Jamstack is still a relevant term in 2023