Amazing Algorithms for Solving Problems in Software
Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - 6:00 PM UTC, for 1 hour.
AT THAT (In-Person Only) Regular, 60 minute presentation
Room: B & G
Sure neural networks are cool but have you ever used a Firefly Algorithm to find the solution to a problem? How about an Ant Colony algorithm or one of the many other algorithms inspired by nature? In this talk we will see examples of a number of awesome bio-inspired algorithms that can be used to solve problems in software. We'll see how each one works, analyze its strengths and weaknesses, and determine when it is best used. We'll also see a demonstration of how to use the optimization algorithms to train a machine-learning model. You'll leave with the knowledge you need to solve problems using these algorithms in your language of choice.
* A basic knowledge of simple algebra (equation for a line) * Some experience building software * A thirst for knowledge
- Bio-inspired optimization algorithms
- Bio-inspired best path algorithms
- Other bio-inspired algorithms
- Using these algorithms to train an ML model