A Database DevOps Pipeline
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 7:30 PM UTC, for 1 hour.
AT THAT (In-Person Only) Regular, 60 minute presentation
Are your automation practices accounting for the database? How do you verify database software quality? Most importantly, how do you care for customer data as the schema evolves? Let's dig into building a CI/CD pipeline for databases. We'll leverage Red Gate tools and containers for automation, testing, and push-button deployment. You can bring DevOps to the database.
Understanding of SQL scripting and/or DevOps pipelines is helpful but not required.
- How does a database DevOps pipeline differ from an app DevOps pipeline?
- How do I get my local environment up to date?
- How do I build a DevOps pipeline to migrate the database schema?
- What options are available? State-based or Migraitons-based. What are the pros & cons of each?
- How would I run this from a cloud build?