Search and aggregations made easy with OpenSearch and NodeJS
Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 10:00 PM UTC, for 1 hour.
AT THAT (In-Person Only) Regular, 60 minute presentation
Room: Campsite 6
Learn how OpenSearch works and get equipped with practical knowledge to search, aggregate and visualise your data. We'll use several datasets for our examples. First, we'll pretend to be food critics and explore 20K recipes. Next we'll connect OpenSearch to Mastodon public feed (with a bit of Apache Kafka help) to have a glimpse of what people are discussing on the social network! We will interact with the OpenSearch cluster with the help of OpenSearch NodeJS client - create an index, add documents, search and aggregate data. At the end we’ll visualise results with OpenSearch Dashboards and see how you can integrate OpenSearch with Apache Kafka. NodeJS engineers who are ready to add search and aggregation features to their applications should attend this session; no previous knowledge of OpenSearch is required. Come to the session, it will be fun!
- How to send term-level, full-text and boolean search requests
- How to bring data from Mastodon into OpenSearch with the help of Kafka and Kafka connect
- How to explore Mastodon data with OpenSearch
- How to use OpenSearch to aggregate data from simple metrics aggregations to bucket and pipeline aggregations
- How to use OpenSearch Dashboards to explore the data
- How to use OpenSearch Dashboards Dev Tools to send queries directly without an external client
- Recipe for a soup with beer and garlic ;)